The plunger, which is also called a French press or a cafetière, is a glass cylinder with a plunger filter in the lid, used to prepare an American coffee.
The plunger, which is also called a French press or a cafetière, is a glass cylinder with a plunger filter in the lid. It can also be used to prepare American-style coffee.
Hot water and ground coffee are added to the cylinder, and the plunger is then pressed down for a few minutes.
The secrets to preparing coffee with a plunger includes the following:
1) Pre-heat your cups and the cafetière with boiling water.
2) Fill the plunger with very hot, but not boiling water, as this could ruin the flavor of the coffee.
3) Use one tablespoon of ground coffee for each person/cup.
4) Close the lid (plunger) and allow to stand for about three minutes.
5) Use the plunger slowly, without pressing excessively.
LAVAZZA'S MEDIUM/COARSE GROUND BLENDS ARE IDEAL FOR PREPARING COFFEE WITH A PLUNGER.